Instructions for a system utilizing Ultima II & PSP BioPro filters (if you do not have these components installed, please contact PondWorks for additional instructions).
NOTE 1: Before performing any work on or around the water feature, be sure to educate yourself about all equipment used and take all necessary safety precautions when near the water's edge, any electrical or plumbing components, or systems. If you are unsure about or are unable to perform the following instructions, stop immediately and contact PondWorks.
NOTE 2: Before starting back-washing, start to fill the water feature as back-washing will remove water from the feature.
NOTE 3: Before switching any filter valve positions, turn off the pump(s) that are connected to the filter. This may be a switch, or simply using a plug in an outlet, depending on your installation.
1. Turn off the pump.
2. Move filter valve to Backwash position.
3. Turn pump back on and allow it to run for 30 seconds.
4. Turn off pump.
5. Move filter valve to Rinse position and allow it to run for 30 seconds.
6. Turn off pump.
7. Repeat steps 1 through 6, three to five times until the water runs clear from the backwash outlet pipe.
8. When back-washing water is clean, turn pump off.
9. Switch valve back to the Filter position.
10. Turn pump back on.
11. Refill water feature to normal level. a. Add a dechlorinator product when adding new water from a public water supply